Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Nothing much, just a little bit of everything

Well, things are pretty much the same as always around here. I've been doing some more hair recently and I have a HUGE wedding job coming up, so that's pretty exciting. I'm watching the Celtics school the Lakers right now . . .so that's pretty satisfying.
On Sunday we celebrated Father's Day at my parent's house. I got my dad knee pads and I think he was actually glad. It's probably the first time I have ever gotten him the "right" thing. We got Brent a weedwhacker. It's a good gift for him, and me too :) Brent is the BEST dad in the entire world, and I'm not exaggerating. He always takes time to play with the girls and do the yucky stuff too. When Vivian was still a baby, he was the one who got up with her in the night to change and feed her. What a great guy, huh? He's the BEST!!!!!! We love you!!!!
I went to book club tonight and we reviewed "The Bee Keeper's Apprentice". I didn't read the book, but it sounds like I should. I meant to. It was on my kitchen island for 2 weeks, I just never got around to even opening it. That's the way things go though sometimes. I really love book club; it's been a great addition to my life. I feel like it is the one really grown up activity that I participate in. There aren't kids (usually, althought I toted Viv along this evening) and lots of really stimulating and thought provoking conversation. If college had been this stimulating for me, I might have actually finished . . .but maybe not.

No comments: