So, I was inspired by reading some great blogs and decided to share a few things about myself that some or most of you may not know, or quite frankly, even care about, but here they are:
1. I LOATHE un-threading my sewing machine to wind my bobbin. I NEED a bobbin winder that runs independently of my machine.
2. Just about the only thing that REALLY irritates me is when people are late.
3. I love, love, love shrimp cocktail. We've been to the Bellagio Buffet in Vegas and I eat my money's worth just in shrimp. Here, let me show you the math:
1 shrimp cocktail (6 shrimps)= $8 (that's a cheap one too)
Bellagio Buffet = $26
Last time I went I ate roughly 30 shrimp = 5 shrimp cocktails = $40
$26-$40 = $14 savings
SAVING MONEY BY SPENDING MONEY. THE BEST FORM OF MATH.
4. I wear black almost every day. I feel uncomfortable wearing very much color.
5. I didn't start wearing flip-flops until I was 25. They were a necessity of pregnancy and now I really like them.
6. I secretly (and now publicly I suppose) want a Blythe doll to dress up. They are seriously the coolest dolls ever and when Vivian and Sophie stop ruining things, I'll get one for them. Blyth would kick the American Girl doll's trash.
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
Well, as you can see, Whitley got married. I didn't get her quilt finished; the day I had put aside to finish things up I got sick, and then the next day we had to head up to Chicago, so it still sits at my sewing machine. Hopefully things get finished up this week. The wedding and both receptions were really nice, there was a lot of good food and it was good to see people that I don't see that often.
Next on my list is 2 quilts for Ben and Jocelyn's little boys, which will be here in a matter of weeks, so I better get cracking! I already know what I want to do, now I just need to buy the fabric and do it. Buying fabric will be the fun part!
Vivian and Sophie have been keeping me super busy. It seems that in the past 2 weeks Sophie has really grown up. She says "eyes" and talks and just seems more like a toddler and less like my little baby every day. Sometimes it makes me sad, but I love watching the girls grow up!
Monday, August 4, 2008
Just a few things, first of all, I finished Breaking Dawn at 1 am. It was awesome. I wasn't sure about some of the things, and there are at least 2 things that bugged me, but they're minor and trivial. Second of all, BRENT has his latest blog entry featured on the Consumerist.com and it was the top story.