Monday, June 22, 2009

New Curtains & Checkbook Covers

The sewing machine and I have been getting back together. I've missed that cheap piece of plastic that gives me fits!!! Having a baby PLUS two other kids makes you busy and so there hasn't been much going on lately- until now. I made new curtains. They're done, but not really. All of the edges are finished (which is more than I can say for the other curtains I've made in the house) but I've found a cute print to go on the bottom, and then they'll be DONE. Also made Mom some new pillow covers. No pics yet, but maybe I'll drag the camera over to her place some day this week to snap off a few. I've also got checkbook covers going on. I've got 30 of them cut, and a few sewn up. I got rid of my ugly plastic one about 6 months ago when I made one for myself and figured it was high time to get some in the shop. I'm almost done with Viv's birthday dress. Its still in progress, but I'm so thrilled that it is all from garage sale fare! I picked up a tablecloth (that has become the skirt of the dress), a silk-ish scarf (became an apron for the skirt), and some gorgeous printed fabric for the top (same fabric I used for mom's purse) and it all cost less than $2!!! Now, I just need to see if I have buttons already . . .

5 comments:

staceyk said...

your a crafty little thing. The sewing machine and I arnt friends.....

Carlotta said...

Love the checkbook cover. Tried one from a pattern I bought and it just did not work. I'm putting together some fabric to make one of your pillowcase dresses for my lil angel. Will take pics to show you when it's done.
~Tootles!

Aim Aug said...

I love curtains. Everyone should have them, it should be a law, 'cuz we all know...blinds are ugly (and yet, we all have them, myself included). Very cute! Can't wait to see Viv's dress.

staceyk said...

macy I still am not sure why you have my mom and dads house as your slide show? please explain

Carlene said...

How did I not know you made checkbook covers. Were you holding out on me? I just might have to get one to replace my ugly blue plastic one.