Monday, June 22, 2009
New Curtains & Checkbook Covers
The sewing machine and I have been getting back together. I've missed that cheap piece of plastic that gives me fits!!! Having a baby PLUS two other kids makes you busy and so there hasn't been much going on lately- until now. I made new curtains. They're done, but not really. All of the edges are finished (which is more than I can say for the other curtains I've made in the house) but I've found a cute print to go on the bottom, and then they'll be DONE. Also made Mom some new pillow covers. No pics yet, but maybe I'll drag the camera over to her place some day this week to snap off a few. I've also got checkbook covers going on. I've got 30 of them cut, and a few sewn up. I got rid of my ugly plastic one about 6 months ago when I made one for myself and figured it was high time to get some in the shop. I'm almost done with Viv's birthday dress. Its still in progress, but I'm so thrilled that it is all from garage sale fare! I picked up a tablecloth (that has become the skirt of the dress), a silk-ish scarf (became an apron for the skirt), and some gorgeous printed fabric for the top (same fabric I used for mom's purse) and it all cost less than $2!!! Now, I just need to see if I have buttons already . . .