Sunday, May 30, 2010

Some Good Pictures

I'm so pleased with how this dress turned out. As mentioned in a previous post, I used Butterick 4732 for the dress. I added the pick-ups and the wrap-around bodice. The bodice was a little tricky and definitely required fitting on the model- lots of pinning. The pick-ups were a breeze though! They were a fun addition and I would definitely do them again. The bolero is from Simplicity 2400. I was concerened that it would have a really "home made" look to it, but it looked great. I think that's because it was a good pattern, not really that it had anything to do with my meager sewing skills. All in all, this was a good sewing experience for me and I would do it again in a heartbeat!

4 comments:

staceyk said...

my jaw just droped! I dont belive you made that lol

Shop with Me Mama said...

OMG! That is gorgeous! You are so talented!

Mandy said...

The dress looks great. You did a fabulous job.

Kate said...

I can tell that your blog is going to be my new obsession! I sew poorly but bravely. I look forward to seeing your projects and know you will inspire me to try new things.