Saturday, January 22, 2011

January Update

 Winter is here- for reals.  Yesterday, the high was 10.  Yikes!  This is our first dose of super-cold weather, and I'm not loving it.  Last week (when it wasn't so cold), Brent took the girls outside to go sledding and build a snowman.  I stayed warm inside.   
Here's my little buddy on his 2nd birthday.  He's so cute!!!  Nathan calls almost all animals puppies; he does an AWESOME horse sound, he love cars, and seems to have a healthy dose of "punk" running through his veins ;)  Nathan is also the "coolest" person at our house, it is a real treat for the girls to get him up in the morning and get him up from his nap.  Oh, and he melts my heart with a hug and kiss!


 As promised, Roasted Red Pepper Soup

1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 c. chopped onion, diced
1 tsp. Thyme
1 box Chicken Broth
1 jar roasted red peppers
1 large potatoe, peeled and diced
1 c. whipping cream or half and half

Heat your oil in a large saucepan.  Add minced garlic and cook for about 30 sec.  Add onion and cook until tender.  Add thyme and cook an additional minute.  Add all remaining ingredients, except cream and cover.  Cook until potatoes are thoroughly cooked, about 20 min.  Use a blender to puree soup and then return to heat- do not boil.  Add cream right before serving.  YUM-O!

Look at my cute girls drinking their hot chocolate at their princess table mats!

This is my latest quilt that is going to my dear friend Rachel who just welcomed a sweet little girl into the world!  This one is machine pieced and hand quilted.  I know, who does hand quilting????  Well, I have to say I really enjoyed working on it.  The work was nice and calming in the evenings, and I will definitely do it again.

6 comments:

Aim Aug said...

That is gorgeous, Macy! Hope Nathan had a happy birthday. Hope yours is wonderful too!

Rileys said...

Love the quilt!

Jennifer said...

I hate being cold...I always send Darrin out with the kids to play in the snow and I stay in where its warm too. :-) Plus my job is to have the hot chocolate ready when they come in....I can handle that job.

Mandy said...

I love the quilt. I hand quilted Kate's baby blanket and I loved it.

Rachel said...

I love the quilt too! The picture doesn't do it the just that is truly due! It needs to be in an art show as it is pure creativity and beauty! Macy, you have outdone yourself and I am honored and grateful to be the indirect recipient! (Elizabeth!!) I feel like doing an entire room around the quilt's display!

Nicole said...

Weird! I made a quilt in January that was that exact pattern... My quilt group called it the Bullseye quilt. I didn't cut my squares after my circles were sewn on, nor did I hand quilt, but it is the same!